Thanksgiving is tomorrow! We’re more than ready for a day of delicious food, good fellowship, and all-day football. We’d be lying if we said we aren’t already daydreaming about turkey and pumpkin pie – all those leftovers, too. But more than the menu, SCO loves Thanksgiving for the opportunity it gives us to slow down and count our blessings.
It can be easy to lose sight of the day-to-day goodness we experience in our lives in the hustle-and-bustle of work, school, church, and extracurricular activities. Little moments of beauty get lost in all the scheduling, planning, and carpooling. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to practice gratitude for all the sweet stuff life has to offer.
Now, we know 2016 has been a rough year. It seems like every time we turn around, there’s more bad news to process! It’s definitely been more difficult than usual to focus on the positive when there’s been such an overwhelming amount of negative. That’s why, in an effort to help us find the happy in this holiday season, we put together a list of some of our favorite feel-good gifs. Because who doesn’t love a good gif?!
1. Here is a cat hugging its human. Be it cat, puppy, or person, we recommend you hug someone you love this week, too. It’s good for the soul!
2. Here is a tiny dog teaching us that perception really is everything.
3. Here are a kitten and a bunny to remind us that sometimes unexpected friendships are the best friendships.
4. Here are a mother and baby polar bear snuggling. You’re never too old for snuggles from your mom. Don’t let anybody tell you any different.
5. Here’s a pair of dogs on a treadmill because eight legs are better than four. #teamwork
6. Here is a duck who is quietly chuckling to himself. Laughter may not always be the best medicine, but it’s always good medicine, right?!
7. Here is an adorable baby who is too tired to function. Sleep is important! Get more of it!
8. Here is another adorable baby, this one sharing his bread with his cat. Sharing is caring!
9. Here is actress Aubrey Plaza taking us to church. We all love turkey, but there’s no denying pizza is the universal food of love.
10. Here is Mr. Wilson, of Dennis the Menace fame, reminding us how important it is to have a healthy hygiene routine for your mouth….and to also never let the neighbor’s kid near your dentures.
What We’re Thankful For
Here at SCO we have an abundance of blessings to be thankful for this year. We asked our amazing team to share what they’re most grateful for.
You know what else we’re thankful for? You! Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do what we love every day when we come to work. You’ve entrusted your beautiful smile to our staff, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family, not just during the holiday season, but all year long! It’s our goal for you to know how valued you are every time you walk through the door.
Wherever you may find yourself sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, we hope your day is full of love, laughter, and warmth. Don’t forget to practice the basics of care for your braces and Invisalign in the middle of all your feasting! You can always get in touch with us if you have questions or need any assistance.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all! If you’re feeling especially thankful for something this year, we’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!