COVID-19 Office Announcement
Dear SCO Family,
We hope that this post finds you and your family in good health. It goes without saying, but our world has been through a lot over the past couple months. Like most of you, we are both anxious and excited to resume our normal habits and routines.
We can’t wait to see your smiling faces and continue the work that we started together (or that we will soon be starting). While you will find that some things in our office have changed, the important thing has remained the same: our commitment to delivering beautiful smiles in a welcoming and safe environment.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes allow you to receive orthodontic care in a safe and comfortable environment.
We have carefully considered and prepared for all of the new recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, before making the decision to reopen our office.
Changes You Can Expect
We ask that you join us in adopting these new practices:
- Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes early.
- Please bring your own mask (fabric masks are fine) to wear at your appointment. You will not be seen without a mask.
- We ask that the patient enter the building alone for their routine visits. We encourage parents to wait in the car. However, if a parent wants to be present, we will allow one parent to accompany their child. They will also be required to wear a mask. Additional family members must remain in the car.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please stay in your car. You will text the office number 901-726-3878 to let us know that you are here. We will then text you the following pre-screening questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- SCO team members will go through the same screening each morning and will have their temperature taken before we begin the day. They will be sent home if they exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19
- Once you have responded to the pre-screening questions by text, we will meet you at the door to take your temperature and sanitize your hands. If your temperature is above 100.4° F you will not be seen and will have to reschedule. If your temperature is below 100.4° F, you will then be escorted to the clinic area.
- Once you reach the clinic, you will be asked to use a Peroxyl mouth rinse before being seated for your procedure.
- The toothbrushing sinks will be closed, so please brush your teeth before you come.
- You will keep your mask on until the assistant instructs you to remove it for your procedure.
- After the procedure is finished, you will replace your mask to discuss next appointment details and options.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment in our office, we ask that you please let us know, according to the guidelines outlined by the CDC.
Let's Do This
We believe that what we do every day has a huge, positive impact on our patients’ lives and we look forward to not only taking care of our existing patients but also to continue to monitor the growth and development of children’s teeth and jaws.
We do not see any reason for COVID-19 to stand in the way of our ability to do our work, or our patients’ desire to have a smile that they are proud of!
Still Available Virtually
We also understand that there may be some patients who do not feel comfortable coming to our office yet and that is perfectly fine. We are still happy to do whatever we can to assist you virtually (you can complete a virtual consultation here). Coming to your orthodontic visit is your choice, and we are happy to support you in whatever decision you make.
We will miss all of the handshakes, high-fives, and hugs that we are accustomed to in our practice. Please know that we are smiling huge smiles behind our masks and that we can’t wait for the day when these precautions are no longer necessary!
See you soon!!
Dr. Kyle Fagala & the Saddle Creek Orthodontics Team